Have you noticed multiple Magic At Your Door subscribers receiving the same items in their Disney Magic Box Subscription? While Magic At Your Door stocks 5k+ unique product SKUs in order to ensure our ability to customize a Disney Magic Box Subscription to almost any preferences (and just as importantly, to avoid unpreferences), below are several reasons why the same items may show up for multiple Magic At Your Door subscribers during any given month:
- Magic At Your Door has hundreds of subscribers, and many of those subscribers share similar character and product preferences. For example, in September we shipped out 124 of the Jim Shore Lion King figurines, but they only went out to subscribers who had both The Lion King as a movie preference AND figurines as a product preference.
- Each month, Magic At Your Door curates a "House Magic Box" to display an example of the kind of quality product subscribers should expect. This "House Magic Box" is made available for request in our Magic At Your Door Facebook Group, and a good number of subscribers comment to specifically request to receive that exact "House Magic Box" for that month.
- Magic At Your Door offers specific items for request here in the group, and many of the more active group users are the same people who both request these items AND post pictures or videos of their Magic Box. For example, in September we had around 75 requests for the Beauty and the Beast/Walt Disney note card sets, around 75 requests for the Arendelle Aqua ear headbands, and around 30 requests for the Cinderella candle votive.
- Each month's Magic Box has a unique theme to it, which is hinted at by Dude's (that is our logo's name for those of you who may not know) ever-changing look. For example, September featured "Dudefiki," which was a clue that something related to The Lion King was in the works (plus I was so excited about that figurine I think I mentioned it a million times 😂. It is important to note however, that while we may include a certain themed (or, in the case of the upcoming October Magic Box, seasonal) item each month, we will typically only include that item for subscribers who have preferences to match, and we will never send that item out to any subscriber who has either the character or product listed in their Unpreferences. This is also why we say that Preferences are used as guidelines, Unpreferences are followed as rules (more about that later this week), and it is important to keep your account preferences updated.
- Many times when subscribers post their Magic Box pictures & videos in our Magic At Your Door Facebook Group, other subscribers comment about a particular item that they notice, perhaps something that wouldn't normally apply to their preferences, but that they would like to receive. We take note of these comments, and we make every effort to include them in that subscriber's next Magic Box shipment. In fact, looking at our list for just October, I see 135 items currently being held aside based on these types of comments (as well as email requests of a similar nature).